It would be great to buy one of the purpose built cooling suits the pros wear. But in the spirit of Lemons (and being broke anyway) we decided to build our own.
Here's the ingredient list that you'll need if you want to build your own:
- Atwood V500 Bilge Pump ($15)
- Radio Shack 12v power supply (w/ switch) ($7.99)
- Target 18 liter cooler ($19)
- 10' Silicone 1"OD hose ($7)
- 20' Silicone 3/8" OD hose ($7)
- Watts Quick Connect Straight Valve ($7)
- 2 Brass Nipples ($10) (to transition b/t the two hoses)
I was concerned about the power of the pump. The pump will "push" water up to about 7'. If the flow returns down to the pump (i.e. a 7' vertical loop with the pump and exit at the base) the flow is adequately strong). Success!